Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer is responsible for overseeing data protection within the School so if you do have any questions in this regard, please do contact them on the information below: –
Data Protection Officer: Craig Stilwell
Company: Judicium Consulting Ltd
Address: 72 Cannon Street, London, EC4N 6AE
Telephone: 0203 326 9174
Click HERE for the Summer 2018 Exam Timetable
Click HERE for the May 2018 half-term timetable
Click HERE for the 2018/2019 Term Dates. Other important dates:-
25th May 2018 – Inset Day
11th June 2018 – Inset Day
Click HERE for the School Staff List
Click HERE for the 2017/18 School Prospectus Brochure
Government Performance measures:
I am very pleased and proud to report that Lampton School has been placed in the top 5% of schools nationally for the progress students made in the 2017 GCSE results!
This is a fantastic accolade not only for the students themselves, but for our whole school community. Congratulations everybody! This proves that the hard work of students, staff and support of families paid off and ensured that the progress made was significantly above the national average.
Challenge Partners Review:
Last week we had our annual Challenge Partners Quality Assurance Review. Overall, the judgement was that the school remain within the Ofsted category of ‘Outstanding.’ Some highlights of the review were:
• The results achieved by students at both A Level and GCSE;
• “Outstanding behaviour was apparent throughout the Review”;
• “Teachers challenged and extended students’ learning”;
• “Students’ work is regularly marked and targets for improvement given”
• The use of the DIRT technique for students’ to respond to feedback;
• The introduction of ‘Show my Homework’;
• The impact of the school’s work in developing ‘Restorative Practice’ to enhance approaches to behaviour management;
• “A united senior team approach to ensuring continuous improvement and transparency”
The Reviewers also verified our sixth form improvement as an ‘area of excellence’. As a result of this Mr Bates (Director of Sixth Form) and I will be hosting a Leadership Development Day on 8th December for school leaders from across the country explaining our journey of improvement in this area of our school.
School Improvement focus for 2016 -17:
As part of the Review, the school shares with the Review team its areas of focus for the rest of this school year.
For us they will be:
• Addressing student underperformance in identified areas of the curriculum;
• Ensuring outstanding teaching, learning and assessment in Years 7, 8 & 9, including the quality of homework;
• Developing Restorative Practice as a whole school approach to developing positive behaviour further;
• Enhancing the school’s provision for those students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
Extra – curricular opportunities:
As always it is a great pleasure to report on the many enrichment and extra-curricular opportunities which are available to our students. You will see later in this edition of the newsletter a report about the unique experience which some of our sixth form students had to participate in the recent US Presidential election via the Transformation Trust – it really was a trip of a lifetime!
My thanks to staff for their commitment in arranging these enrichment opportunities for our students.
My thanks also to you all for your continued support of the school and I look forward to seeing many of you at events over the coming few weeks.
With best wishes,
Lampton School: ‘Hold on to the Best’
- Consistently outstanding teaching & learning – well planned lessons & marked work;
- Tailoring our support to individuals regardless of ability in order to facilitate outstanding progress;
- Practice informed by research and contextualised for our school;
- An efficient and financially viable broad and balanced curriculum which supports progress for all;
- Sporting and cultural achievement is valued and celebrated.
If, as a parent of a pupil attending our school, you require a paper copy of the information on this website, we shall provide this free of charge.